Project Compliance Manager (PCM)
About The Company
Empact Technologies plays a critical role in accelerating the clean energy transition. We enable solar, energy storage, wind and other clean energy project developers and investors to ensure their projects fully comply with Inflation Reduction Act (IRA) requirements.
Our software and services ensure community and utility-scale projects fully adhere to Prevailing Wage & Apprenticeship, domestic content, and other tax incentive adders' compliance requirements.
About The Role
Empact Technologies is seeking a qualified Project Compliance Manager to join our fast-growing team.
As a Project Compliance Manager, you will work directly with our clients and their project partners (EPCs, contractors and suppliers) to ensure projects are in compliance with applicable requirements.
The responsibilities of the Project Compliance Manager include but are not limited to:
- Successfully lead the relationship between Empact, our developers and the project participants (EPCs, contractors, suppliers, etc.)
- Work with project EPCs, contractors and subcontractors to confirm payroll and apprenticeship capabilities. Advise of data required, compliance requirements, and provide guidance and assistance.
- Use Empact cloud-based software to capture pre-construction data to proactively track and manage prevailing wage and apprenticeship compliance, helping Empact clients prepare projects for success.
- Manage weekly payroll data collection, evaluate projects for prevailing wage & apprenticeship compliance, then work with the contractor to rectify any issues
- Monitor and assess project activities to identify potential compliance risks and recommend appropriate mitigation measures.
- Work with suppliers to confidentially capture cost data to calculate project domestic content percentages
- Help pre-qualify projects and collect required data and documentation for tax incentive adders such as Energy Community and Low-Income Community
- Provide guidance and training to project staff on compliance-related matters
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in compliance management or a similar role in the construction industry.
- Solid understanding of Davis-Bacon prevailing wage compliance, construction, payroll and relevant regulations is highly desired.
- Experience with federal Davis-Bacon prevailing wage compliance monitoring and reporting
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to effectively liaise with internal teams and customers.
- Ability to work independently and remotely, demonstrating self-motivation and initiative.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, supply chain, construction management, legal studies, finance, or related field.
- Professional certifications in compliance (e.g., Certified Compliance & Ethics Professional – CCEP, Certified Compliance Administrator – CCA) would be advantageous.
- Experience complying with federal or state prevailing wage compliance, project labor agreements and community benefits agreements
- Experience with apprenticeship programs, monitoring and reporting apprentice participation, apprentice-to-journeyperson ratios, etc.
- Experience with using compliance management software or tools such as LCPtracker, Elations, E-Bacon, B2Gnow, PRISM, SkillSmart, etc. is highly desired
- Understanding of certified payroll reporting for federal and/or state prevailing wage
- Experience with payroll software (e.g. ADP, Paychex, Viewpoint, QuickBooks, Foundation software, etc.)
- Skills in oral and written communication necessary to develop presentation material, communicate with Empact clients, and possibly federal, state or local governments
- Background in project management for clean energy projects, construction or construction-related industries
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, with advanced skills in PowerPoint and Excel
This position is 100% remote although preference will be given to candidates in the Houston or Denver metropolitan areas.
Empact Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.